Dublin Peanut Festival queen delivers appreciation to Bladen County law Enforcement
Coaches looking forward to Battle of the Carolinas Football Classic
Rash outbreak at White Lake triggers investigation
Summer Sounds Concert Series in downtown ELizabethtown ready for second act
Clarkton man arrested on multiple drug charges
- Man lassoes bear with head stuck in big plastic container - 7:52 pm
- Old lobster spared the pot, will retire to Maine aquarium - 7:25 pm
- Strong smell of cooked urine prompts apartment evacuation - 5:27 pm
- Bladen County native elected to national board of directors - 12:50 pm
- Hurley Ray Russ - 8:58 am
- First Sunday FunDay a hot event in White Lake - 6:57 am
- Harmony Hall group OKs repair of three roofs - 11:50 am
- Stubbornness pays off for coffee-serving man and his mule - 8:34 am
- Trump galvanizes party faithful at convention - 7:52 am
- Aspiring nun crowdfunds to pay off $12K student loan debt - 7:25 am
- Runaways used tractor to break into school building - 5:30 am updated: 5:30 am.
- God’s saving, redeeming, freeing, amazing grace - 3:33 am
- Museum puts early presidents’ hair on display - 7:52 pm
- Police seize pet python from passenger train - 7:25 pm
- Presidential palace bans playing of ‘Pokemon Go’ - 5:27 pm
- Clarkton man arrested on multiple drug charges - 4:17 pm
- Cashwell’s pageant experience rings true - 3:03 pm
- Skateboarders “stoked” about skate park - 2:37 pm
- Elizabethtown Kiwanis member gives big for children - 2:31 pm
- New slate of officers introduced at Elizabethtown Rotary Club - 2:20 pm
- Bladen County Public Library keeping young minds sharp with summer reading program - 1:20 pm
- CHURCH CALENDAR - 11:55 am
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 11:44 am
- Teacher raise in N.C. state budget viewed as ‘a drop in the bucket’ - 9:09 am
- White Lake resident nearing 100 years young - 7:02 am
- Elizabethtown-White Lake Area Chamber’s first Sunday FunDay on tap this weekend - 11:27 am
- Tuesday’s storms skirt Bladen County - 8:20 am
- Elizabethtown-White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce’s Ambassador’s Club meets - 12:55 pm
- Bladen County hires new General Services manager - 11:11 am updated: 8:43 am.
- Bladen man shot during attempted robbery in Lumberton - 10:44 am
- Boa constrictor pulled from beneath SUV - 7:25 am
- Firefighter delivers baby on daughter’s birthday - 5:27 am
- Naked couple arrested on stolen lawn mower - 7:52 pm
- City police use Pokemon Go to lure fugitives - 7:25 pm
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- Firefighters rescue 2 from storm drain - 5:27 pm
- Bladen Community College students win big at national SkillsUSA competition - 11:09 am
- Event to raise money for Kiwanis, emergency services - 8:01 am updated: 1:05 pm.
- North Carolina’s AAA bond rating affirmed by all three major rating agencies - 1:11 pm
- Elizabethtown Rotary Club gets up date on Bladen County Sheriff’s Office K-9 Program - 8:04 am
- Larry the cat to stay at 10 Downing Street - 7:52 am
- Mayor who’s also standup comedian indicted on theft charges - 5:30 am
- Letting the ‘Dust Bowl Troubadour’s’ words sink in deep - 3:33 am
- Man covers face with toilet paper, robs Nashville store - 7:25 pm
- Pokemon GO fans told not to play in U.S. Holocaust Museum - 5:27 pm
- Nail salon polishes up downtown Bladenboro - 2:13 pm
- Bladen Community College is awarded USDLA certification - 12:44 pm
- CHURCH CALENDAR … - 10:13 am
- Fall registration open at Bladen Community College - 6:55 am
- One man gored in leg during bull run in Pamplona - 5:30 am updated: 5:30 am.
Aspiring nun crowdfunds to pay off $12K student loan debt
CLIFTON, N.J. (AP) — An aspiring nun who was told she couldn’t enter a convent until her student loan debt was paid off has used an online...
Runaways used tractor to break into school building
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say three runaways used a large tractor to smash through the wall of a California school building, then went i...
God’s saving, redeeming, freeing, amazing grace
“Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now I’m found; was blind but now I see.” Of co...
Museum puts early presidents’ hair on display
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Donald Trump’s gravity-defying hair has generated plenty of attention, but have you seen George Washington’s?You...
Police seize pet python from passenger train
NEW SOUTH WALES, Australia (Reuters) - A pet python called ‘Bread’ was confiscated by New South Wales Police on Wednesday after the snake&...
Presidential palace bans playing of ‘Pokemon Go’
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Indonesian officials have banned the playing of “Pokemon Go” from the presidential palace.Hastily printed ...
Kudos to NASCAR, Earnhardt
I have been around race cars drivers for a long time. And in that time I have learned a lot of things about dudes that like to drive fast. Number one ...
RACING***Dublin Motor SpeedwaySaturday’s results****Late Model1) #13 Brian Strickland2) #32 Daulton Wilson3) #8 Travis Hair4) #36 Jeremy Cumbee5...
West Bladen Knights earn Sportsmanship Award from Dixie Youth Pre-Majors State Tournament
DUBLIN — West Bladen’s Dixie Youth Pre-Majors summer baseball team lost out on a chance to advance to it fourth straight World Series afte...
Knights ousted from Dixie Youth Pre-Majors state tournament
LELAND — The streak is over. There will be no four-peat.West Bladen’s three straight Dixie Youth Pre-Majors state championship run came to...
Look out for Keselowski and his Penske Racing team
This season, we have spent a whole lot of time talking about the Gibbs’ Toyotas (plus Martin Truex Jr., who let’s be honest, drives for th...
COMMUNITY CALENDAR …
July 15— Christmas in July, sponsored by the Bladen County Extension and Community Association, will take place in the Powell-Melvin Ag Center f...
Bladen County officials urging pets get vaccinated against rabies
ELIZABETHTOWN — Only two cases of rabies have been confirmed in Bladen County this year, which is well below the six cases confirmed in 2015, an...
Lower Cape Fear Hospice offers free healthcare decisions clinic
ELIZABETHTOWN — Lower Cape Fear Hospice will host a Begin the Conversation clinic about end-of-life and healthcare decisions. It will be from 1 ...
Bladen County Health Department inspects 46 food sites
ELIZABETHTOWN — With the start of the summer season at White Lake, the Bladen County Health Department was kept busy in June with 46 inspections...
FOR BETTER LIVING
The peach has been one of the most popular fruits since ancient times. There are many varieties of peaches, and except for a few, most varieties are n...
FOR BETTER LIVING
Freezing is one of the simplest and least time-consuming ways to preserve foods at home.Freezing does not sterilize food. The extreme cold simply reta...
The children of summers past
Looking back to the fifties, or sixties White Lake wasn’t considered much of a resort, resort; really it was simply a family gathering place. Bu...
Incentives for future journalists
Warning to all Bladen County students … now is a very good time to cover your eyes.No peeking … you won’t be happy with the next sen...
Two issuesshow niceteamwork
The Bladen County Board of Commissioners has been called to the principal’s office a few times over the past several months for a variety of rea...
High school football season looms
We are on the cusp of another high school football season, and this one will be the last — at least for a while — that our Bladen County t...
No-vacationnation strainsworkers, economy
If your idea of a vacation is watching a live-stream of the sun setting along the beach from an iPhone app, stand in line.Or, actually, sit behind a d...
BCC offering free business seminars
DUBLIN – The Small Business Center of Bladen Community College is offering free business seminars in June.They are:— The Top Ten Managemen...
Lu Mil Vineyard hosts Greater Tomato Sandwich Day
DUBLIN — Lu Mil Vineyard put its patented grapes aside for a few hours Saturday and allowed the tomato to take center stage for the first-ever G...
Four County EMC officials honored
BURGAW — Two members of the Board of Directors from Four County Electric Membership Corporation have been recognized for their years of service ...
Council man among those honored by UPS
CHARLOTTE — United Postal Service recently announced that 67 elite drivers from North Carolina are among 1,613 newly inducted worldwide into the...
Directors earn gold credentials
BURGAW — The first co-op board in the state, Four County EMC’s entire Board of Directors recently attained their Director Gold credential ...