Bladen County showing appreciation for law enforcement
Identity of armed robbery sought; man headed toward Bladen County
Dublin Peanut Festival queen delivers appreciation to Bladen County law Enforcement
Coaches looking forward to Battle of the Carolinas Football Classic
- N.C. Farm Act of 2016 aimed at strengthening industry - 11:39 am
- First Connect NC bond sale takes advantage of historically low interest rate - 11:34 am
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 11:11 am
- CHURCH CALENDAR - 10:10 am
- Fifty-Fifty Fear Factor Fundraiser seeks participants, volunteers - 8:10 am
- Bladen County Animal Control receives national vaccination grant - 12:34 pm
- Test of White Lake water shows no serious concerns - 10:33 am
- West Bladen student attends FCCLA National Leadership Conference in San Diego - 9:55 am
- Lodging longevity - 7:59 am
- Steele earns her doctorate in educational leadership - 3:45 pm updated: 10:38 am.
- East Bladen grad performing well with the U.S. Army - 3:22 pm
- Identity of armed robbery sought; man headed toward Bladen County - 3:03 pm
- Majestic Funeral Home re-opens in Elizabethtown - 12:34 pm
- Elizabethtown Fire Department implementing new risk reduction program - 11:15 am
- Dublin Peanut Festival queen makes the rounds of Bladen law enforcement centers - 8:33 am
- Bladen man arrested on alcohol, drug charges - 8:17 am
- Ramos elected as the N.C. State Bar councilor for the 13th District - 8:02 am
- Woman uses dummy passenger with briefcase in carpool lane - 5:33 am
- Man lassoes bear with head stuck in big plastic container - 7:52 pm
- Old lobster spared the pot, will retire to Maine aquarium - 7:25 pm
- Strong smell of cooked urine prompts apartment evacuation - 5:27 pm
- Bladen County native elected to national board of directors - 12:50 pm
- Hurley Ray Russ - 8:58 am
- First Sunday FunDay a hot event in White Lake - 6:57 am
- Harmony Hall group OKs repair of three roofs - 11:50 am
- Stubbornness pays off for coffee-serving man and his mule - 8:34 am
- Trump galvanizes party faithful at convention - 7:52 am
- Aspiring nun crowdfunds to pay off $12K student loan debt - 7:25 am
- Runaways used tractor to break into school building - 5:30 am updated: 5:30 am.
- God’s saving, redeeming, freeing, amazing grace - 3:33 am
- Museum puts early presidents’ hair on display - 7:52 pm
- Police seize pet python from passenger train - 7:25 pm
- Presidential palace bans playing of ‘Pokemon Go’ - 5:27 pm
- Clarkton man arrested on multiple drug charges - 4:17 pm
- Cashwell’s pageant experience rings true - 3:03 pm
- Skateboarders “stoked” about skate park - 2:37 pm
- Elizabethtown Kiwanis member gives big for children - 2:31 pm
- New slate of officers introduced at Elizabethtown Rotary Club - 2:20 pm
- Bladen County Public Library keeping young minds sharp with summer reading program - 1:20 pm
- CHURCH CALENDAR - 11:55 am
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR - 11:44 am
- Teacher raise in N.C. state budget viewed as ‘a drop in the bucket’ - 9:09 am
- White Lake resident nearing 100 years young - 7:02 am
- Elizabethtown-White Lake Area Chamber’s first Sunday FunDay on tap this weekend - 11:27 am
- Tuesday’s storms skirt Bladen County - 8:20 am
- Elizabethtown-White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce’s Ambassador’s Club meets - 12:55 pm
- Bladen County hires new General Services manager - 11:11 am updated: 8:43 am.
- Bladen man shot during attempted robbery in Lumberton - 10:44 am
- Boa constrictor pulled from beneath SUV - 7:25 am
- Firefighter delivers baby on daughter’s birthday - 5:27 am
East Bladen grad performing well with the U.S. Army
ELIZABETHTOWN — Jodelle McMillian, a graduate of East Bladen High and East Carolina University, is currently serving in the U.S. Army. As a team...
Identity of armed robbery sought; man headed toward Bladen County
LUMBERTON — The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office is seeking information about a man who recently robbed a store clerk at gunpoint.Maj. Anth...
Majestic Funeral Home re-opens in Elizabethtown
ELIZABETHTOWN — The newest addition to Bladen County’s funeral home industry — Majestic Funeral Home in Elizabethtown — after ...
Elizabethtown Fire Department implementing new risk reduction program
ELIZABETHTOWN — With the recent, long-awaited arrival of the Elizabethtown Fire Department’s new custom-built engine, the focus of the dep...
Dublin Peanut Festival queen makes the rounds of Bladen law enforcement centers
Bladen County law enforcement officers were delivered a little appreciation with a whole lot of sweetness on Monday when Rylee Lou’Ann White, 4,...
Brickyard 400 has outlived its usefulness
I know it is supposed to be one of NASCAR’s signature events. And I get the mystique of a track that has hosted racing since the Taft administra...
SPORTS BRIEFS …
Knights to holds tennis tryouts***DUBLIN — Tennis tryouts will be held at the West Bladen High tennis courts on Monday, Aug. 1, from 8 to 10 a.m...
East announces season pass packages***ELIZABETHTOWN — East Bladen High has set its prices for season football passes, parking and field banners....
East Bladen hosts fifth annual Desmond Bryant Football Camp
ELIZABETHTOWN — East Bladen High hosted the fifth annual Desmond Bryant Football Camp on Saturday at Lenon Fisher Stadium with a solid turnout d...
Kudos to NASCAR, Earnhardt
I have been around race cars drivers for a long time. And in that time I have learned a lot of things about dudes that like to drive fast. Number one ...
COMMUNITY CALENDAR …
July 15— Christmas in July, sponsored by the Bladen County Extension and Community Association, will take place in the Powell-Melvin Ag Center f...
Bladen County officials urging pets get vaccinated against rabies
ELIZABETHTOWN — Only two cases of rabies have been confirmed in Bladen County this year, which is well below the six cases confirmed in 2015, an...
Lower Cape Fear Hospice offers free healthcare decisions clinic
ELIZABETHTOWN — Lower Cape Fear Hospice will host a Begin the Conversation clinic about end-of-life and healthcare decisions. It will be from 1 ...
Bladen County Health Department inspects 46 food sites
ELIZABETHTOWN — With the start of the summer season at White Lake, the Bladen County Health Department was kept busy in June with 46 inspections...
FOR BETTER LIVING
The peach has been one of the most popular fruits since ancient times. There are many varieties of peaches, and except for a few, most varieties are n...
FOR BETTER LIVING
Freezing is one of the simplest and least time-consuming ways to preserve foods at home.Freezing does not sterilize food. The extreme cold simply reta...
Dems, Hillary face specific challenges this week
For Democrats, the upcoming convention in Philadelphia offers a chance to do what Hillary Clinton’s campaign so far has struggled to do.Build ex...
Support for law enforcement officers growing
After hearing about the “Adopt a Cop” initiative in Concord, we (a group of spouses and citizens) have come together and are making it hap...
The children of summers past
Looking back to the fifties, or sixties White Lake wasn’t considered much of a resort, resort; really it was simply a family gathering place. Bu...
Incentives for future journalists
Warning to all Bladen County students … now is a very good time to cover your eyes.No peeking … you won’t be happy with the next sen...
Two issuesshow niceteamwork
The Bladen County Board of Commissioners has been called to the principal’s office a few times over the past several months for a variety of rea...
BCC offering free business seminars
DUBLIN – The Small Business Center of Bladen Community College is offering free business seminars in June.They are:— The Top Ten Managemen...
Lu Mil Vineyard hosts Greater Tomato Sandwich Day
DUBLIN — Lu Mil Vineyard put its patented grapes aside for a few hours Saturday and allowed the tomato to take center stage for the first-ever G...
Four County EMC officials honored
BURGAW — Two members of the Board of Directors from Four County Electric Membership Corporation have been recognized for their years of service ...
Council man among those honored by UPS
CHARLOTTE — United Postal Service recently announced that 67 elite drivers from North Carolina are among 1,613 newly inducted worldwide into the...
Directors earn gold credentials
BURGAW — The first co-op board in the state, Four County EMC’s entire Board of Directors recently attained their Director Gold credential ...